U.S. designers developed the M8 during WWII as an upgrade over existing half-track vehicles, using the M5 light tank chassis with an open turret on top; its 75mm M3 howitzer could fire anti-tank and smoke shells in addition to standard rounds. 1,778 M8s were produced between September 1942 and January 1944, and they served wherever U.S. units were active, until the end of the conflict: in Italy, Western Europe and the Pacific, utilizing their excellent mobility and firepower in a range of missions including attacks on enemy fortifications.
About the Model
- This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Lenth: 92mm, width: 48mm.
- The diminutive M8 form with tall profile is recreated accurately based upon extensive research.
- Features interior details of turret such as sights and gun breech, plus howitzer covered by its distinctive sleeve.
- Realistically captured suspension with ergonomic parts breakdown.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections.
- Includes one commander figure and two marking options.
Tamiya Color paints for painting the 1/48 U.S. Howitzer Motor Carriage M8
|Tamiya Color Spray Paint||Tamiya Color Spray Paint|
|TS-5 Olive drab||---|
|Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint||Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint|
|LP-28 Olive drab||---|
|Tamiya Color||Tamiya Color||Tamiya Color|
|XF-62 Olive drab||X-7 Red||X-10 Gun metal|
|X-11 Chrome silver||XF-1 Flat black||XF-15 Flat flesh|
|XF-49 Khaki||XF-51 Khaki drab||XF-52 Flat earth|
|XF-56 Metallic grey||XF-59 Desert yellow||XF-60 Dark yellow|
|XF-64 Red brown||XF-84 Dark iron||XF-85 Rubber black|
Please allow 2-3 days for your order to be processed and shipped. You will be notified of the shipment tracking number via the e-mail address you have provided us when the package has been sent. Currently, we will only ship to the address that matches the billing address registered to your credit card. Trying to create an order with a credit card that doesn't match your delivery can result in the cancellation of your order.