Seek & Destroy
The famed Tamiya 1/35 Military Miniature Series welcomes the first major U.S. tank destroyer - the M10 - into its ranks. This versatile AFV was developed largely to give U.S. forces a potential counter to the German armor tactics which proved successful in the early stages of WWII. It utilized the successful M4A2 Sherman chassis with diesel powerplant, and mounted the 76.2mm gun in an open-top rotating turret; the hull featured extensive use of sloped armor, kept thin so as not to hinder maneuverability. Bosses were used on the turret and hull to facilitate the affixation of additional armor. Around 5,000 M10s were manufactured between September 1942 and December 1943, and it featured in action across North Africa and western Europe, its 3-inch gun and excellent maneuverability making it an asset for Allied forces.
About the Model
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit.
- Length: 196mm, width: 88mm.
- In-depth examination of a real M10 led to this exceptionally accurate depiction of the M10 and its sloped armor.
- Marvelous interior detail includes gun breech, sight, shell racks and more.
- Mantlet and transmission covers feature depictions of cast metal surfaces. Fine weld lines are also captured.
- Driver's hatch can be assembled open or closed, and has separate periscope parts.
- Accurate belt-type recreations of T51 rubber block tracks.
- Includes 3 figures in authentic pose for use in the turret.
- 2 marking options recreate Tank Destroyer Battalion M10s in WWII Europe.
Please allow 2-3 days for your order to be processed and shipped. You will be notified of the shipment tracking number via the e-mail address you have provided us when the package has been sent. Currently, we will only ship to the address that matches the billing address registered to your credit card. Trying to create an order with a credit card that doesn't match your delivery can result in the cancellation of your order.