The deployment of the F-4 Phantom II started in the early 1960s and over 5,000 were manufactured during its production run. The F-4 Phantom II was operated by not only the Navy and Air Force in America, but also other countries on account of its long range and superlative loading capacity. In 1952, the Navy desired a supersonic aircraft and while the F-8 Crusader produced by the Vought Aircraft Industries, Inc. was employed, the McDonnell Aircraft Corporation continued to develop a two-seater interceptor with powerful dual engines. This aircraft equipped four each of AIM-7E Sparrows and AIM-9G/H Sidewinders, and was officially adopted as the F4H-1 in December 1958 (which was later renamed the F-4A). The F-4B's production started in 1961 and its delivery began with the Fighter Squadron VF-74. In 1965, two F-4Bs shot down two North Vietnamese MiG-17 each, but the most enemy kills in the early stages of the Vietnam War were carried out by the F-8. However, from Operation Linebacker in 1972 onward, F-4 deployment increased and it was operated for air-to-ground strikes. After that, various kinds of F-4 aircraft were developed and some have even been in service with some countries for half a century.
About the Model
- This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Fuselage length: 370mm, wingspan: 244mm.
- Exhaustive studies of the actual aircraft enabled this precise recreation of the distinctive form.
- The parts breakdown offers ease of assembly.
- J79-GE-8 engine nozzles, cockpit, and landing gear bays are realistically recreated.
- Choose between folded and extended wingtips.
- One-piece horizontal stabilizer right and left sides move in concert.
- Choose between open and closed canopy, and extended and retracted refueling probe/boarding ladder.
- Different types of antennae and cockpit consoles can be chosen depending on the marking option selected.
- Air-to-air missiles (AIM-7E Sparrow and AIM-9G/H Sidewinder) and two types of drop tanks are included.
- Includes 2 sitting crew figures, 3 marking options, and masking stickers.
Tamiya Color paints for painting the 1/48 McDonnell Douglas™ F-4B Phantom II™
|Tamiya Color Spray Paint for Aircraft||Tamiya Color Spray Paint for Aircraft|
|AS-16 Light gray||---|
|Tamiya Color Spray Paint||Tamiya Color Spray Paint||Tamiya Color Spray Paint|
|TS-8 Italian red||TS-27 Matt white||TS-29 Semi gloss black|
|Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint||Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint||Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint|
|LP-1 Black||LP-2 White||LP-3 Flat black|
|LP-4 Flat white||LP-5 Semi gloss black||LP-8 Pure yellow|
|LP-11 Silver||LP-32 Light gray (IJN)||LP-34 Light gray|
|LP-53 Clear orange||LP-54 Dark iron||LP-61 Metallic gray|
|LP-65 Rubber black||LP-68 Clear blue||LP-73 Khaki|
|LP-78 Flat blue||LP-79 Flat red||LP-80 Flat yellow|
|X-1 Black||X-2 White||X-7 Red|
|X-8 Lemon yellow||X-10 Gun metal||X-11 Chrome silver|
|X-18 Semi gloss black||X-23 Clear blue||X-25 Clear green|
|X-26 Clear orange||XF-1 Flat black||XF-2 Flat white|
|XF-3 Flat yellow||XF-5 Flat green||XF-7 Flat red|
|XF-8 Flat blue||XF-12 J.N. grey||XF-16 Flat aluminum|
|XF-19 Sky grey||XF-25 Light sea grey||XF-49 Khaki|
|XF-56 Metallic grey||XF-58 Olive green||XF-60 Dark yellow|
|XF-61 Dark green||XF-71 Cockpit green||XF-84 Dark iron|
|XF-85 Rubber black||---||---|
Please allow 2-3 days for your order to be processed and shipped. You will be notified of the shipment tracking number via the e-mail address you have provided us when the package has been sent. Currently, we will only ship to the address that matches the billing address registered to your credit card. Trying to create an order with a credit card that doesn't match your delivery can result in the cancellation of your order.