The Challenger 2 took over main battle tank duties in the British armed forces from the Chieftain and Challenger 1 in the early 1990s. Its hull design was based upon the latter of the two, and paired with a brand new turret with the state-of-the-art 120mm rifled gun. Challenger 2s seen in the Iraq War in 2003 took on and defeated enemy tanks such as T-54s and T-55s.
About the Model
- This is a 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 243mm, width: 84mm.
- The modern form with flat panels and 120mm rifled gun is captured in style, with an ergonomic parts breakdown.
- Comes with components to recreate typical Iraq War features such as additional armor and canvas side skirts.
- Assmbly type tracks have one-piece straight sections.
- Decals are included for periscope, turret-front Combat Identification Panel and more.
- Comes with a commander torso figure and one marking option.
Tamiya Color paints for painting the 1/48 British Main Battle Tank Challenger 2 (Desertised)
|Tamiya Color Spray Paint||Tamiya Color Spray Paint|
|TS-46 Light sand||---|
|Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint||Tamiya Color Lacquer Paint|
|LP-30 Light sand||---|
|Tamiya Color||Tamiya Color||Tamiya Color|
|X-1 Black||X-6 Orange||X-7 Red|
|X-10 Gun metal||X-11 Chrome silver||XF-2 Flat white|
|XF-15 Flat flesh||XF-52 Flat earth||XF-56 Metallic grey|
|XF-57 Buff||XF-62 Olive drab||XF-67 NATO green|
|XF-69 NATO black||XF-84 Dark iron||XF-85 Rubber black|
Please allow 2-3 days for your order to be processed and shipped. You will be notified of the shipment tracking number via the e-mail address you have provided us when the package has been sent. Currently, we will only ship to the address that matches the billing address registered to your credit card. Trying to create an order with a credit card that doesn't match your delivery can result in the cancellation of your order.